Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Funny Chicago 2009 Marathon-isms in Chronological Order

  • Freaking out about the weather all week long and visiting weather.com at least 5 times a day
  • buying 99 cent and $1.40 winter essentials at Walmart (all clothes left on course were donated)
  • eating Qdoba Burrito and queso night before the race
  • reviewing the plan with julia and scott like 20 times the night before the race
  • on the train to the start, i was listening to my ipod. a young guy tapped me on the shoulder and said "honey, you better take those off in boystown b/c we put on a show you won't forget."
  • getting to the start and trying to get into the corral after the horn Only to realize there was a chest high fence. The guy behind me lifted me up and over and another guy got me on the other side.
  • seeing way to many people publicly urinating
  • the winners crossing the finish line before i hit Mile 11.
  • Enjoying the ~1.5 M spectators along the course (BoysTown did not disappoint)
Those are the ones I can think of now, i will add more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment