Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Bye Week Babble

No race for me this past weekend. With the RnR Chicago in town, it is hard not to want to participate and was bummed when my potentially gratis bib fell through.  However, having a friend in town, it is for the best.

In lieu of a race report (which i know can get boring), i will post my first ever BYE WEEK BABBLE.  Random thoughts about racing/training/gear/life with bad punctuation and guaranteed typos.  I still can't bring myself to blog much more than 1-2 times a week so this will suffice for this week!

Let the babbling begin!
  • Am I the only one that struggles with signing up for a race after i missed the first price cutoff? it is amazing how $10-15 increase feels like such a big deal at that moment.
  • Am I the only one that thinks Triathlon Gear is made to make you feel large about yourself? It is amazing how I can fit into all Under Armour and Nike Medium Running Bottoms perfectly but some XL tri gear stuff is too tight! I have friends that are 00 sizes but wear mediums.. (also, for the 3 people that have found my site googling: muffin top tri suit... i am here for you) 
  • I recently got a new pair of shoes (Saucony FastTwitch) after a year long love affair with BrooksCadence1. I have a Cadence2 still in the box but wanted to change it up a bit as I heard bad reviews about the 2's. It was pretty sad how I stood in the running store laboring over if i should switch companies and try something different. I think the guy at RRS thought I might be solving the debt crisis. 
  • At my last tri, i noticed my bike computer was missing.. how is that possible?? I need a supersleuth for the case!  Parents of young ones should know the reference..

6 comments:

  1. I am ALWAYS the day after the price increase and I hate it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't sign up for a race b/c of it recently.. funny how $15 felt so much even when the race was over 100

      Delete
  2. TRI gear is "extra" small. There are only a few brands which I am willing to stuff myself into: Tough Chik & Skirt Sports. They make good stuff that isn't as tiny as some big time TRI retailers. I'm already a "big girl" no need to look like a stuffed sausage in my TRI suit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know as i have never heard of Tough Chik... will check them out!

      Delete
  3. I put the price increase deadlines on my calendar so gmail can remind me when I need to sign up. I hate paying the extra $10 or $15!
    I love your reference to "muffin top tri suit" haha. Those things are unbelievably tight fitting. I like to think no one really looks good in tri suits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to always throw a shirt over them but finally gave up this year.. it is funny how self conscience i am leading up to the race and then you don't notice yourself hanging all out during.... until you see race photos :)

      Delete