Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Bye Week Babble

Second edition of my babbling.  It was a great week with lots of Free Chicagoland events to highlight. 
  • Super busy at work as a new physician started in the practice I am the administrator for but we survived and I think he is a great fit!
  • I got a 3 hour ride in prepping for Rev3CP and i am quite convinced that my bike seat is the devil. I have a Italia Selle which is great in a road bike position but the rotation when you go to aero is what gets me. I recognize that it isn't supposed to be comfortable however, i couldn't even describe it as tolerable.  I went to see my friend that works for TrekHP and he set me up with a loaner Cobb Saddle.  Will ride the loaner for a week (hopefully get another 3 hour ride in and then purchase one.  Basically.. i am hoping the $170 will buy my answer and make my lady parts not hate me soo much
  • Got in a nice open water swim at Ohio Street Beach last night.. it was a FREE event hosted by lifetime fitness as a tune up for ChicagoTri or anyone that was interested.  I did a .9 mile swim and 5k run.  Loved giving my new watch a spin and happy to get some more training.  Ohio Street beach is a great place to practice... if only i could always touch the bottom in a mile swim :)
  • Had another great night with friends at the FREE Adventure Run hosted with Road Runner Sports-Wilmette.  Gotta say, i really love all the employees that work there.  For hourly employees, these people are dedicated, positive and provide a great fun environment for NorthShore runners.  They did have a girl sent from corporate there who wasn't so great.. at all.. but happy Derek will be back MC'ing next month.  I got Swirlgear to represent and share their message with the group and they raffled off two shirts!  
  •  
  • I got the news that I am going to be a Headsweats Sponsored Athlete!!!!!  Super pumped about this as these are seriously the only hats/visors I wear.  They are the best for endurance sports but also love them for golf.  Can't wait to represent them officially as i have been wearing their hats basically exclusively for the past 3-4 years.  

1 comment: