Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Pumkins in the Park Recap (not a detailed race review)

Have run this race a few times, it is a fun 5K in Lincoln Park with a costume theme... who doesn't love running with a banana and fun costumes.  It is also a time where there is some creativity in the costumes vs. seeing girls have the excuse to wear nothing and call it in the name of halloween.  You always see fun costumes and great social event as Feet Fleet provides a lot of great perks for this race.  Scott got my packet the day before so no issues for me :)

Race day, got downtown pretty quickly and parked without an issue.  Sadly couldnt find street parking so had to park at chicago history museum lot. Had some time to meet up with friends, snap some pics and then we were off.  Jeremy and I ran together at a 10:00/mile pace.  I felt bad as i didn't want to keep him behind but he was coming off an injury so we chatted and the time flew by.  I was also happy that my back was doing ok and only around mile 2.5 did i have to break pace b/c I had a huge rock in my shoe.  I couldn't handle it anymore which I was happy i stopped b/c it broke skin already. 

We crossed the finish line and met up with the crew for some quick dinner. Fun race, fun times!

No comments:

Post a Comment