Monday, December 30, 2013

2013 - A Year to Remember

Much to be grateful for and wanted to recap some of the highs (and few lows) this year.
  • Ran many races this year.  29 i think was the final tally and already looking forward to 2014 racing.  
  • Best Races:  Rev3 CP 70.3, Chicago 50K, 'Merica with Josh rocking the kids run and Wisconsin Half Marathon with Scott.
  • Grateful to meet so many awesome bloggers through Chicago Running Bloggers:  Mag Mile Runner, Kelly the Culinarian, Lauren Runs, Katie @ Live Half Full and Alyssa @ Don't Look Down to name a few of the ladies I have enjoyed connecting with along with working with Denise at Run-For-Change and many runs with Tia (#runningbff)
  • Joining Crush Multisport Club and being asked to be part of the Board.  This is such an awesome group of people and love how included I feel being among such elite athletes. As a back of the packer, it can be intimidating being among such amazing athletes, but this crew is chill, supportive and celebrates everyone's accomplishments, no matter what their times are. Jeremy, the founder, is awesome and even ran a 5K with me at a 10 min/mile pace the entire time when he probably wanted to go at 7min/miles. With their Winthrop Harbor Tri next year, I am excited to see them grow even more next year.  
  • Presenting over 150 medals for Medals4Mettle
  • Participating in the Adventure Runs with my family at Road Runner Sports. (here is a write up i did after the first AR) Such a fun way to be active with my family and not going to complain about the loot we won! 
  • a low:  throwing out my back a few days before Disney.  Thankfully wasn't before a marathon and I was able to gut through the trip "ever so gingerly" but would have been nice to not be walking on eggshells while I was there.  
  • another "kindof low" -really hoping to be pregnant with another baby this year but didn't happen.  I would be lying if i didn't say I had moments of being bummed out about this but at the same time, it provided me a chance to review my perspective on life and take advantage and be grateful for what I have. This next year, we aren't going to stress at all about this, not take any medicine, and then maybe give it one more go before I turn 35.
  • .. and finally, let's end on a high as that sounded depressing....  I am SO SO SO excited to be part of Team Rev3. This has been a long shot wish list item for so long and so grateful a dream has come true (yes, i just went sappy on you).  Anyways, this will take my family to new and more trips and grateful for their support.  Scott has been so awesome and guessing I will owe him many evening of twilight golf to repay him! 
TEAM REV3 - Proud 2014 Recruit
Our little family of 3 is great as can be
Josh Rocking 'Merica Trail 2 miler - got 2nd place

After Rev3 CP.  Great race and great day on the course

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it cool to look back at the big picture of a full year? You've had a great year, despite the setbacks!

    Loved THIS- "I would be lying if i didn't say I had moments of being bummed out about this but at the same time, it provided me a chance to review my perspective on life and take advantage and be grateful for what I have. "

    So good to meet you this year- we need to make plans ASAP in the new year!

    ReplyDelete