1. My family for following me around the NYC marathon (race report HERE) 2 weekends ago. I am still on a high from that race. It was amazing and although I was proud I only spent 250 bucks at expo.. i managed to shell out another 250.. such a sucked for a $50 jacket with a $40 2 inch square logo. I will stop talking about the Marathon soon.. i promise.
2. For my son winning MVP on his Might Mite team. We weren't expecting it and I think Josh was totally surprised. It was awesome to see your kid excel and love something. He starts a Basketball League this winter which should be equally entertaining for all of us. I am not predicting any MVP win in this sport :)
4. People I call my teammates. That includes my blogging friends, local Crush Multisport group and the Rev3 AG team. All of these groups have some amazing individuals that inspire me: not only for their speed but for their sportsmanship and dedication to the sport. Without these people, i probably would still be doing triathlons but be much more of a loner and not having as much fun in the sport. Shameless plug: This is the last week to apply for the Challenge/Rev3 AG team so if you love triathlon and love being at events that care about their athletes --> APPLY HERE
5. DermaSport - SBRSports is one of the amazing sponsors for the Rev3 team and I was given a set of the DermaSport products to trial. First, I continually am grateful for my sponsors and what they have given me... esp when it is something I love!
I have to be honest.. I was a bit leary to stop my usual “abrasive type” face wash that I have used twice a day for the last 2 decades. I have been told I have combination skin (oily and dry) so I chose the Normal/Oily option. I can see the combination skin coming out with oily forehead and then dry nose and cheeks. I have trained myself to believe that I NEEDED a super abrasive face wash but I wanted to give Dermasport a fair go so I ditched my twice a day St Ives and used the 4 products from Dermasport. After a month of using them, i have fallen in love with this product. I went from using my abrasive face wash 14+ times a week to 1 time a week and notice a decrease in my dry skin and decreased need for reapplication of lotion during the day in my dry areas. I use the face wash and toner regularly. I will even use the mist before working out as it has just the right about of moisture before a work out and then use the lotion and eye cream when i know I won't sweat heavily and esp every night. I can see a change in my skin from this regimen and excited I found this product as we head into the harsh winter!
You can purchase the items on Amazon HERE! Also, if you do not have a charity attached with your Amazon purchases, consider using Medals4Mettle. Through the Amazon Smile Program, they will donate 0.5% of their purchases to M4M
"If you shop at Amazon.com: We are part of the Amazon Smile program! If you shop via the below link between now and March 31, 2014, Amazon will donate an extra $5 to us for each purchase! This is in addition to the regular donation of 0.5% of the purchase price. Shop here: http://smile.amazon.com/ch/35-2260007"
6. My dog... my dog.. my dog. Lucy seriously have filled a void I never thought a dog could. She is the best. for reals.