Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Oak Brook Half Marathon Race Report

Running only 8 miles the ENTIRE month prior to the race is not the best way to train.  About 3.5 weeks ago, i tweaked my back.  It wasn't horrible but due I wasn't able to take any medications (even NSAIDS) due to some other health issues.  This made the healing process take a lot longer than before and I tested it last weekend with the super sprint but definitely was happy to walk the run part as the back felt tight. But this past week I have been feeling better and on a whim I signed up for the Oak Brook Half. Looking back, kindof dumb but completed the distance and on the road to a fun fall of running with the tri season almost over.

For a more detailed report on logistics, see my 2013 report

I have done this race before and chose last minute registration b/c the race is convenient and easy. There is a same day packet pickup, easy free parking and it is a nice course that is a mix of roads, trail and some shade.   Nothing quite beats a race that is straight forward, not complex, safe and well executed.  This race has been going one for many years with a seasoned race director who has it down.

Happy to finish, see some friends and get in the miles... albeit slow ones


No comments:

Post a Comment