Friday, November 27, 2015

Run10Feed10 Chicago Race Report

Got this race on a DailySocial deal.  It was hosted by a magazine company with the charity focus that every racer feed 10 people with a portion of their race entry going to feed the homeless.  There was no shirt but a nice tote that fits my laptop.  Although I have a ton of shirts, it always feels weird when you don't get a shirt but the tote was a good alternate option.

Race started across from the peggy notebart and I parked in the LPZoo.  Not cheap ($22 bucks i think) but easy and takes the stress out of finding a street spot. 

Race:  
Was an out and back course that started around 2400 N and turned around ~4200N.  The weather was a bit chilly for an October day.  37 degrees at the start.  I had no time goal for this race,  just the miles.   Splits were: 10:38, 10:32, 10:54, 10:41, 11:00, 10:50 for an average pace of 10:45.  I had to take a bit extra of a walking break at mile 5.  My gloves were getting hot and took them off and ended up dropping one and took a bit to go back 5 feet, wait for an opening and grabbing it.  But other than that, I maintained a good pace and felt good.


Finish had a lot of stuff.  Lots of food, freebies and raffles for shoes.   I had to get back to family so didn't stick around but for the discounted entry, charity component, standard lakepath course, I was happy I participated.   If you must have a shirt or some wearable swag, check their giveaway situation next year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment