Sunday, May 29, 2016

Embrace the Race 5K

Was excited to learn about Embrace the Race Mothers Day Weekend.  The neighborhood race was a perfect way to celebrate Mother's Day and was lucky to do a writeup for Chiacago Athlete magazine.

You can read my write up: HERE

The only personal note I would add was that I had the chance to run the ENTIRE RACE with a 5K newbie.  Her name was Julie and we got talking before the race.  She was concerned about pacing, finding her course and pretty anxious in general. She asked if i would run with her and promised me to not let her walk.  In the end, I was grateful to run every step with her.  She did awesome and conquered the hill well.  Nothing quite beats seeing someone accomplish a new goal!   Will be back!


Chip Time: 30:58

No comments:

Post a Comment