Thursday, August 24, 2017

Race to Wrigley 5K

Decided to run this race last minute.  Never have participated in this race before.  Went with the untimed version and was lucky enough to have a friend pick up my packet.. SCORE!



Overall, the race was... meh...
The run was nothing special for 3 miles.  For .1 miles you were able to run through Wrigley which consisted on the corridor (where the concessions are).  After you existed out of Wrigley was the finish line.  Unfortunately, it was completely backed up!  It took me almost 5 minutes to go the last .15 miles due to back up.  I heard from others the medal distribution was the hold up and after going through the post race area, i could have believe that was the reason.  Because the race was in the city streets AND the medal was of the cubs (coming off a World Series win), they were concerned about bandits.  I can understand that and since I wasn't timed and not very competitive, I was just mildly annoyed.

Probably won't do it again as I am not a die hard cubs fan.. (i am from Cleveland :)  For those into medals and love the Cubs, worth at least one year

My write up for Chicago Athlete

No comments:

Post a Comment